Your Use of the Site
You are free encouraged, even to use the website in all responsible, legal, and considerate ways.
What We Own
Rivendell House Bed & Breakfast owns or licenses this website, all its elements, and all rights (including without limitation copyrights to all artwork displayed, website, logo, and other proprietary rights).
You’ll need permission to copy, distribute, publish, perform, modify, download, transmit, transfer, sell, or license, reproduce, create derivative works from, post, publicly display, frame, link, or in any other way exploit any of the content on the website, in whole or in part.
Billing and Refunds
Rivendell House Bed & Breakfast reservations policies, prices and refunds are clearly displayed on the Bookings page.
Rivendell House Bed & Breakfast does its best to ensure the information and services we provide on this site are useful and accurate. We want you to be satisfied.
That said: YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE IS ENTIRELY AT YOUR RISK.
Which means: Rivendell House Bed & Breakfast, AND ITS EMPLOYEES, LICENSORS, AGENTS OR AFFILIATES AREN’T LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY LOSSES INCURRED IN CONNECTION WITH USING THE SITE INCLUDING DIRECT OR INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES OR LOSSES. ALSO INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF REVENUES, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION OR OTHER PECUNIARY LOSS, EVEN IF RICK DENNEN INK! HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES OR LOSS.
Your only remedy for any breach of this agreement by Rivendell House Bed & Breakfast is a refund of any money paid to use the website. We are not responsible for, and shall have no liability with respect to, the content of third party websites that are linked to or from the site. Some states, however, don’t allow the exclusion or limitation of liability to the extent outlined above, so this provision may not apply to every user as written.
You warrant, represent and covenant that:
* (a) You will use the website only as authorized in these terms and
* (b) You will not violate any laws or take any action related to the site that would create liability for Rivendell House Bed & Breakfast You indemnify and hold harmless, and at Rivendell House Bed & Breakfast’s request will defend Rivendell House Bed & Breakfast, its directors, officers, shareholders, employees, agents, affiliates and owners (each, an “Indemnified Party") from and against any and all claims, proceedings, damages, injuries, liabilities, losses, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of any claim of any third party resulting from any breach on your part of the terms set forth in this agreement. You will reimburse each indemnified party on demand for any costs, expenses and liabilities incurred to which this indemnity relates.
EXCEPT AS SPECIFICALLY PROVIDED IN THIS SECTION, THE WEBSITE AND ALL ITS CONTENT IS PROVIDED “AS IS” AND Rivendell House Bed & Breakfast DISCLAIMS, AND USER WAIVES, ANY WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR USE OR PURPOSE, TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, OR ANY OTHER WARRANTY, CONDITION, GUARANTY, OR REPRESENTATION RELATED TO THE WEBSITE. THE FUNCTIONS, MATERIALS AND CONTENT OF THE WEBSITE ARE NOT WARRANTED TO BE UNINTERRUPTED OR WITHOUT ERROR. USER ASSUMES THE ENTIRE RISK AND COST OF REPAIRS OR CORRECTIONS TO USER’S HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE DUE TO THE USE OF THE WEBSITE.
Without limiting the foregoing, Rivendell House Bed & Breakfast (without investigation or other inquiry) has no knowledge that the content of the Website infringes any third party copyrights.
This disclaimer of warranty may not apply to all users.
This agreement shall be governed by the law of the State of Maine, U.S.A., and applicable to contracts entered into and performed within the State. Any dispute under this Agreement must be brought in the courts having jurisdiction in Augusta, Maine. The parties agree that this is the entire agreement between them, and no other agreement, oral, implied or written, shall have any force or effect. This agreement is a licensing agreement, and in no way creates any other relationship between the parties. If any court holds a term of this agreement to be invalid, it shall be construed in such a way to give it the maximum allowable effect and validity, and all the remaining terms of this agreement shall be given full force and effect. Failure to enforce a term of this agreement shall not be deemed a subsequent waiver of that term or other terms.
Rivendell House Bed & Breakfast reserves the right to discontinue, delete and change the content available on the website. The website and its software may be “Restricted Computer Software” under the laws of the United States and/or other countries, and therefore you agree not to use, distribute or disclose the website in violation of any such laws (including without limitation rights restricted to the United States Government, and export limitations).
Rivendell House Bed & Breakfast is committed to maintaining the privacy of its users’ information, and to protecting the integrity of its website. We provide you with all of the information available to us about the uses of your personal information from the website; however, you should be aware that Rivendell House Bed & Breakfast takes no responsibility for the practices of third party advertisers, sponsors, or other entities providing content, links or information on the site. You should check with each of such third parties for information about their privacy policies before providing them with your personal information.
Here’s what Rivendell House Bed & Breakfast will and will not do with the information you provide to us:
What kind of information are we talking about?
* Information from you: Rivendell House Bed & Breakfast receives information from you at various times, including when you send us an email, or buy something from Rivendell House Bed & Breakfast .
* Email lists: Rivendell House Bed & Breakfast will keep email addresses from customers.
* Tracking Information: We also track visitors to the website, by among other things, gathering personal information such as your place of residence, your activities on the site, and other information about your use of our services. This information will help us give you more of what you like. We may gather this information from data such as your IP address, or by the use tracking software or “cookies” that will be downloaded to your computer (you may be able to delete or prevent tracking, depending upon your operating system and browser functions please see your technical specifications if you do not want us to store cookies on your computer).
What do we do with this information?
Rivendell House Bed & Breakfast is committed to keeping your personal info secure.
* Email lists: We will maintain your email address on our email lists unless you ask us to delete it.
* Purchases: You will have to provide us with credit card information in order to make a reservation from our secure reservation form on the website. Your credit card and bank account information are not stored on our computers . We restrict access to your personally identifiable information to employees who need to know that information in order to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard your nonpublic personal information.
* Minors: We will not knowingly collect information from anyone under 13 years of age, or under 18 years of age for purchases. If you’re under 13, before we collect any info, we’ll need parental consent.